After another busy year, December has us day dreaming of the languid, summer days ahead. And by ‘day dreaming of’ we mean ‘desperate for’)
In case you missed it, this year at MCWH we’ve:
- Helped to shape the discussion about immigrant and refugee women in the Victorian Royal Commission into Family Violence;
- Held a national forum on FGM/C prevention;
- Launched a major research report on community-led responses to family violence;
- Delivered health education including free goodie bags at another amazing AMES camp; and
- Launched a new strategic plan
We’ve also done some extremely rewarding health education with women in prisons, supported a number of women to have their babies through a bilingual labour companion project, promoted gambling awareness in a number of communities, started a PACE leadership program for immigrant women working in Southern Cross (Vic) aged care and giving some much needed attention to the needs of working carers.
We pass on our heartfelt thanks to each and every one of you for sustaining our work in so many different ways, whether as project partners, as MCWH event attendees, or regular WRAP readers. We are grateful to be ending such an eventful year knowing that we have an amazing bunch of supporters and allies.
We wish you all a safe and restful holiday break.
Until next year,
The WRAP Team